Tuesday, March 22, 2011

McKennas Birthday..


I can NOT believe my baby girl is NINE. It is so crazy how fast time goes by. McKenna is such a delight to our family. She is so SWEET. That is how everyone describes her to me. She is just so sweet and kind. I really do not think her mind knows how to think anything that is not good. She is so easy going and pleasant. I always will remember her giggling out on the tramp in the back yard when she was three. She lived in her butterfly swimsuit and petticoat slip. She has such an infectious laugh. She is best person to cuddle with. She is incredibly lovable. I have so many of her friends parents say that they love her example and want their daughter to take after my sweet McKenna. She is FUNNY. She can get everyone going and laughing. She has such a desire to do good. She is such a great student. Every year her teachers express how she is the model student. I can always count on her to do what I asked and she is so efficient and is on top of knowing what she needs to do next. I love listening to her play in her room, sing, and play the piano. My world would end without my McKenna. She loves helping me with Drew and loves him how I do. I can not even imagine the mother she will make. She comes in my work everyday and sticks a sticky note to my shirt and walks right out. Its always the sweetest love notes. The other day I came home from work and she had a treasure hunt for me. In the end I found a pop up home made card telling me she knows she chose me in Heaven to be her mom. Wow and I so indescribably lucky. She is the meaning of pure joy.

She was so excited for her Birthday this year. She gets to have a party with friends every other year. This year it was a family party, but I let her invite her great friend Kelly. She will be moving soon and McKenna will really miss her. Her mom complements me on McKenna all the time. She expresses how not very many children have manners anymore.

We went to Classic Skating for her party. She was so happy and loves to roller skate. I had so much fun skating with her and her cute self. She bobs her head and swings her arms and has a perfect smile the whole time while her sweetness shines through her whole body. I love my McKenna!


Drew LOVED the lights and music and had so much fun!! He wore himself right out. he was getting really grumpy when I took this picture. I told him to say cheese and he did.

Brooke and Jason came with all of their girls. McKenna was so happy they came. She LOVES her cousins.


Kelley, Aspen, and Mckenna

Raegan, Abbie, Brooke, Eden, Jason, and Haley Maxwell

Once again the crutches have come in handy. I have never known a child to love and keep using their Christmas present like its brand new every day. But McKenna has loved these babies and grabbed them to help keep her steady with her new roller skates on. Our cute mail lady Wendy tells me all the time how much she loves watching my girls play outside. She says it makes her chuckle and brings a smile to her face when she sees McKenna outside happy as can be playing with her crutches. The novelty has not worn off. Wendy tells me my girls act like everyday is the best time of their life. McKenna does have a gift at being able to have fun and really enjoy life.

Look at these beauties. Grandma and Grandpa Anderson always pick out the perfect gift for McKenna.

We had a special dinner at our house and some, sadly not all, of the grandparents came. We had a Roast and Mash potatoes, jello salad, green salad, breadsticks, broccoli, and cake all for the birthday girl. We went in a circle and I asked everyone to share a memory of McKenna. McKenna went from person to person and sat on our laps while we told her our memories. I wanted to cry when it was Sages turn. He wanted McKenna to sit on his lap. He looked her straight in the eyes and went on and on about why he loves and needs her. Wow, is was such a special moment. He told her how she was his very first friend and how he couldn't wait for her to be born. He has always loved her so much. They are truly best friends. I love it! I was so overwhelmed and proud that they are mine.

I was so proud of Aspen today. It is always hard to be little and watch all of the attention on someone else. She handled it great and was genuinely excited for McKenna. She only struggled when Nate told McKenna she was the sweetest person he knows. Then he had to go down the hall and get something. Aspen quickly got up and ran after him and I could hear her saying "Daddy, Daddy, you think McKennas the only sweet one?" It was so cute. he reassured her she was as well. But that is one of Mks special talents.

Me and My girl

McKenna and her grandma Corinne

McKenna and grandma Lorna

McKenna and grandpa Ted

Nate and McKenna. These two are a lot alike.

McKenna and grandpa Ed

1 comment:

Rolled Up Pretty said...

These are cute of MK's birthday! Nate's b-day was fun last night too! PARTAY!

The Holidays, fostering, college, mission, and trips

 The Holidays are approaching fast, and here we are again facing them with 4 extra precious girls. I have been pretty emotional the last two...