Saturday, September 13, 2008

State Fair..

It is our tradition to go to the State Fair every year. Nates parents work at a booth there, so we always go visit them. They give us passes to go, and the kids just LOVE it. This year Nate worked so I took the kids and their cousin Raegan. We usually just look at the animals and go down the huge yellow slide. But they had wrist bands for a great deal. So we changed things up this year and rode all the rides. I could not believe how fearless they all were. They went on everything. Poor Aspen was too short to go on all or them. She cried and was so mad she is so little. But it all turned out great in the end. We held hands and raced from one ride to the next. I was so grateful for such sweet kids. They kept hugging me and thanking me for taking them between each ride. I love my kids so much!!
They have a little village that is so darling. Its made up of different houses. The kids go from one to the next, planting a garden, collecting eggs, and milking a cow. At the end they sell there goods to the general store and get to buy a treat.
This is where they collected apples. McKenna planting her seeds, and picking vegetables.
Sage and McKenna

3 comments:

Lisa M said...

That is so sweet that they were so thankful.

Unknown said...

Oh katie it's totally fine you didn't go. The weather was horrible anyways so you probably wouldn't have enjoyed it. You and Nate just need to do one with me, that would be so fun. The last triathlon I am doing is Nov. 8. If you guys can;t do that one then we can plan for next summer. You would love it, it is so fun and you feel so awesome after. Plus you would probably kick my trash.

zeebee said...

Okay all I have to say is it is about time that you updated your blog! :) good thing Nate get's after you.
And second of all, how did I go to the fair twice and miss the little village thing??? My kids would have loved that!

The Holidays, fostering, college, mission, and trips

 The Holidays are approaching fast, and here we are again facing them with 4 extra precious girls. I have been pretty emotional the last two...