Saturday, September 6, 2008

Family Reunion

My Grandmas brother Ardell Brown invited the Brown family clan to his estate. It was so fun to see so many people we are related to. He had a wonderful catered dinner for all of us. Nate had planned to go hunting this weekend. I told him he would really enjoy seeing Ardells cars. I explained how many hundreds of hot rods he has, and how much fun it is to tour his barns full of them. When we got there and Nate walked in, he stopped in his tracks and stared. He looked at me and said "Wow Katie I have to say I thought you were exaggerating, but you didn't even give the cars justice." It was so fun to see them. My favorite was the 1969 fully restored Shelby Mustang.
The only down part of the day was Sage getting shocked. He shares my love of horses and went to pet them. We didn't know there was an electric fence. As he reached for the horse he somehow touched it. He jumped back crying hysterically and screamed in front of everyone "Why did you do that mom, that was so mean!" I asked him what he was talking about and he yelled "you just threw a boulder at my back." It was so sad. I explained to him he had gotten shocked. I asked him why he thought I would ever hurt him. He explained that when he turned around, I was the only one there, and he was sure he had something big hit his back. It was sad that he really thought I threw a rock at him. He was pretty shaken up for the rest of the day. I cried too, it was so scary watching it happen when there was nothing I could do.

1 comment:

Lisa M said...

So sad about Sage, it made be jump with shock just reading about it.

The Holidays, fostering, college, mission, and trips

 The Holidays are approaching fast, and here we are again facing them with 4 extra precious girls. I have been pretty emotional the last two...