Sunday, October 5, 2008

Canning

My sister Laurie came into town for two weeks. We decided to be productive and accomplish something instead of just gabbing. My sister Jen and I wanted to learn to can. So we took a trip up to my grandmas to see if she had any jars. It was like Christmas. She had a TON. She gave us each more than we needed. She also gave me my own food dehydrator, pressure cooker, and the thing that seals the jars. It was awesome. Our whole goal was to can Brigham City peaches. But that turned into canning homemade salsa and peach raspberry jam. It was awesome. I felt very domestic and Nate was super impressed. It was a few of the funnest days, laughing and spending time with my sisters.

We had so much fun being silly and talking. My sister Jen and I talked about how we felt something so good while we canned. That is one time I almost always feel the spirit is when I cook. I don't cook as much as I should, but when I do I always get a very overwhelming feeling. Like there is nothing better I could be doing at that moment than doing something wonderful to take care of my family.
























Look at all the peaches I got to take home!

5 comments:

Jen Hinton said...

Thanks for posting the pics of me with no make up and looking all hideous and all, but I am glad you got pics... my all got deleted!
It was a great time... I think we should do it every year! I had a blast! Love you!!!

saraanddevin said...

me and my mom just canned pears and grape juice!!!!! ;) looks like you guys had fuN!!!!

Lisa M said...

Very impressive!!

The Walker Family said...

Katy,
I just found your blog off of Laurie's. It is so crazy to get in touch with all of you again. You look like you're doing great and your family is adorable. :-)

Us5McEuens said...

Yum! If you want to share some of the goods I'd be willing to accept.
Love ya!

The Holidays, fostering, college, mission, and trips

 The Holidays are approaching fast, and here we are again facing them with 4 extra precious girls. I have been pretty emotional the last two...