Monday, September 21, 2020

Weekend with friends in Telluride


My friend Amelia Peirce invited us to her cabin in Telluride. We had the best time! We biked the bike park, rode the Gondola, hiked, and played night games. We went on a beautiful hike and I saw an Eagle right above us. 


Drew accidentally threw a ball through their cabin window by accident. They were really nice about it. They had a game set up outside and it was positioned where you throw the ball right by the window. Woops!
It was so much fun enjoying the outdoors and wonderful company, and I ate way too much candy.  Four different families were invited. The Baers, Peirces, Catons, and us. The Hawkers couldn't come because my friend Tagan got Covid and they had to quarantine. 


Drew is a great biker for his age. We biked a really hard blue and decided to take the lift up and enjoyed two fast easy green rides. He was so grateful the whole trip, easy, and never once complained. 


The views were absolutely incredible. We drove home the long way through Durango so we could drive on the "Million dollar highway".  It was incredible. It took us from Durango through Silverton and into Ouray. Ouray had the most beautiful mountains with incredible rocks that had the most colors I've ever seen in a stone. 
I told Nate I feel like a gypsy, or maybe wanderlust is a more appropriate term as I do like having a home to come back to. I just want to do all the things, and see all the places. I decided to take a picture of every city I go through. I want to see them all.  I'm dreaming of getting an RV and traveling and seeing all the states. 
Aspen was supposed to come but we left her home alone with the dogs. Her Jr year is overwhelming her with the load of homework. She's taking 3 AP classes and is basically in her room.....always. She's on a Hybrid schedule due to covid. She goes two to three times a week and the other days are online. I hate it for her. She's on the computer for hours during school, then has hours of homework. The realization hit me that we only have her two more years. I have two out of the house and two at home. I miss the kids little!!!


Julie, Amelia and I. I am grateful to know them. 


No comments:

The Holidays, fostering, college, mission, and trips

 The Holidays are approaching fast, and here we are again facing them with 4 extra precious girls. I have been pretty emotional the last two...