Thursday, July 3, 2008

Some great moments


We have had some great moments this week. My blog is more like a journal, my whole point is to put it into a book for my kids. I want to make sure I document all the darling things they say. This week Sage and Aspen overwhelmed me with the things they told me.
We were driving in the car and this is the conversation I had with Sage...
S: Mom do you know why I tell you I love you so much?
M: No why?
S: Because I just love you so much and so I want to tell you all the time. And when I think of telling you I love you, I say it but I love you more than the words mean. I can't even describe how much I love you because it is just way to much!
Wow, I was so overwhelmed, I pulled the car over so I could look at him. I can't believe how well he can express his feelings.
Aspen has been saying really big words this week. When we were laying in the back watching fireworks she said "Wow mom this is so exciting isn't it." It was so cute. I always say to my kids "why did I get so lucky and have the best kids sent to me?" Well the other night Aspen said to me "Mom you don't know why Jesus sent you such gorgeous kids huh?" It was such a big word for her to have put in there. I do feel so blessed to have such sweet kids. They have not played with there friend to much this summer. Maybe 3 times. I told them yesterday to go ride there bikes to a friends and they said "No we just like playing with each other better." I'm so happy they are each others best friends.
There are always opposites so I worry for when I will get the opposite behavior from the kids. Last night we went on a late bike ride. When I got home and put the kids to bed, Sage was still up wandering the house. I came downstairs to see what he was doing. He is amazing. He had loaded the dishwasher and started it, organized my desk in the office, and cleaned the bathroom. I asked him what he was doing and he said "I just feel so bad that you have to work so hard right when you wake up so I am cleaning so you won't have to do anything tomorrow. And I started the dishes so when I get up early I can unload them for you." So cute. I didn't know if it would carry over but this morning I come down and all the dishes are done, he watered the garden, took the dogs on a walk and fed them, and had the dishwasher started again with only his cereal bowl in it. He just amazes me. What else can I say?

1 comment:

zeebee said...

Those are the awesomest little moments! aren't you glad that you have a blog to document them on? I love your kids they are so sweet, I can't believe all that Sage did for you!

The Holidays, fostering, college, mission, and trips

 The Holidays are approaching fast, and here we are again facing them with 4 extra precious girls. I have been pretty emotional the last two...