Wednesday, August 27, 2008

First Day of School

Aspen started another year of preschool. She is going to a new school with her friend Jasmine. I have been so impressed with her teacher Mrs Karen. She uses a lot of music and singing. Aspen loves it. It is really weird to be alone three days a week.
Sage started third grade and LOVES his teacher. He was really lucky and has almost all of his friends in his class. It surprises me how much he loves school. McKenna started first grade and really enjoys it. She has made a lot of new friends and loves lunch time.
I thought I would really enjoy the kids going back to school. I was really surprised by my own reaction. After I sent Sage and McKenna off for the first day, I really enjoyed spending alone time with Aspen. But after I took Aspen to preschool, I had a major breakdown. I came home and cried and cried. I felt really lost. For eight years all I have done is kids. With them gone all day it is way to quiet and lonely. I felt like I got a glimpse of how it will be when they all move out. I will probably become one of those crazy moms that bugs her kids all the time. I keep asking Nate "what should I do all day?" I'm not crafty and fall asleep if I read, so what should I do. So I got a great idea....I want to go back to school. I am going to slowly get my nursing degree. That way I will have something to do when they get older. I think it would be so rewarding to help people and be somewhere where I can talk to people. I have my call list when the kids are at school, I go from one person to the next. I always have to be talking to someone. Kinda crazy I know.
Carpool is now what I do most of the time. Taking Aspen to preschool, picking up the other two from school, then off to dance or piano lessons. Sage and Mckenna are taking a hip hop class together and love it. Aspen is loving her classes. She is taking a ballet-tap combo, and a jazz-tumbling combo. McKenna is taking quiet a few and hopefully will drop a few. Sage still has his huge passion for piano which is great. It will be a very fun but crazy school year.

1 comment:

zeebee said...

I la la love that pic of Aspen, her hair, and the pose...adorable!
I am so glad that you knew about that preschool bec it is so close and they do such a good job. I am so glad that our daughters are the same age and can go to school together. Sage and Mckenna are so cute too, that is awesome they got good teachers and that they love school.

The Holidays, fostering, college, mission, and trips

 The Holidays are approaching fast, and here we are again facing them with 4 extra precious girls. I have been pretty emotional the last two...