Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Hunts Cabin

My cute friend Chandelle invited my kids and I to her cabin. We had a blast. My friend Zildy and her kids came too. The cabin was up Weber Canyon and had a gorgeous view. We had so much fun visiting while the kids played. We took turns taking kids on four wheeler rides and saw Moose and Deer. It was so nice for the kids to have one last vacation before school started. We did a kick off for the Olympics and Zildy helped the kids create their own flags. I could not believe what the kids came up with.

I saw this sign and loved it. I was laughing so hard. I told the kids I was going to make one and hang it in our kitchen. Mckenna burst into tears and cried "then you will never feed us again and you will use the sign everyday." Then I called Nate and told him about it and he was funny too and said "well babe I think you have to cook to be sick of it." Sad statement but true. I go through spurts with cooking, and definitely have tried to avoid it this summer. But no worries I have plans to repent and cook again.


This was the other sign I fell in love with. I was laughing so hard and called a family meeting. I had the kids sit down and told them we were making some changes. I read them the new rules and all three started crying. Mckenna said "our life won't be fun anymore, cause all we will do is clean clean clean." It was seriously funny. I was being quite a hoot. Later when we got home from our trip McKenna came to me and said "I have thought about the rules and they don't seem so bad, its what we already do anyways." Pretty funny stuff!!
Me (Katie), Chandelle, Zildy

Here is the group of our kids. These are the same kids we do co-op with every Friday night. Christine was not able to come with her two darling kids, they are also in our co-op. We missed them.





No comments:

The Holidays, fostering, college, mission, and trips

 The Holidays are approaching fast, and here we are again facing them with 4 extra precious girls. I have been pretty emotional the last two...