Friday, May 16, 2008

Boating Trip..

Warm weather is finally here!! We were so excited we had to go celebrate. Nate has been on a big mission lately. He has spent three weeks looking for a good deal on a boat. We sold our really old one and we were ready for something different. He decided to go with a ski/wake board boat this time around. Nate and I were nervous driving to the lake. Knowing our luck it wouldn't work. But to our great surprise, it worked better than we even imagined. I don't know what I'm more excited about, having my husband back (seeing how he is not on the Internet non stop looking for boats anymore) or having a new boat.

The kids were so excited. The dive to the lake was not long. But every few minutes we heard the famous "are we there yet?"

After we got out of the harbor, Nate wanted to see how fast we could go. The kids were screaming and Aspen was holding on for dear life. They were so funny the whole trip. They were in heaven, along with Nate and I.

I was not sure if I was going to ski or not. Seeing how it was only May, the water was pretty cold. And today was the first warm day of the summer. But as soon as we stopped the boat Mckenna, Sage and Aspen were in the lake swimming around. I couldn't not go in after they were so brave.
Nate had such a good time. He loved listening to music and driving the boat. He is such a good person to be in charge of trips. He remembers to bring everything you could possibly need. He did awesome wake boarding and got "huge air" as he calls it.

I was so impressed by Sage and Mckenna. They both knee boarded and did AMAZING. I could not believe it. We really hope we can get them up skiing this year. Sage was so sweet to the girls. He liked being the oldest so he could explain everything to them. He loved getting in the water and swimming on the knee board. I could tell he was a little bit worried about fish. He asked me several times if I was sure that there were not any sharks. He was so darling. He loved eating all the candy.

McKenna is our water lover. Every time the boat would start, she would say she needed to hurry and go potty. So we would stop the boat and she would jump off and take off swimming. That was her excuse she used the whole time, just so she could get in the water. She wasn't worried about fish or being to far from the boat. Twice she swam so far we had to start up the boat to go get her. She LOVED knee boarding and would come in. She likes Nate to drive really fast. She was giggling and smiling the whole entire time.

That's me skiing. It was so much fun. I forgot how tired you get. My legs were burning. The best part of the trip for me was backing up the trailer. Nate dropped me off at the dock. He really did not believe I could do it. I was so excited to show him that I could. With one perfect try, I got the car flipped around and backed straight into the water. Nate couldn't believe it. It was fun to impress him even after all these years being married.

I am so happy the kids share the love Nate and I both have for water sports. They are troopers!



Aspen was so easy. I was worried she might not last the whole day. It was so wonderful not having to worry about diapers or formula anymore. I was so surprised she got in the water. She kept yelling "GOOD JOB" over and over anytime anyone was out behind the boat. She really surprised me with her pleasant attitude.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That looks so fun, can't wait till we get to join you guys out on the lake. Last year the closest I got to water sports was sporting my prego belly in my little swim suit.........Not Cute.

Kandice said...

What a fun family activity! You need to put a picture of the boat so I can see the whole thing. Who cares what other people think, I want to see it!!! :) It would be fun to plan some time for all of us to go when we are in town...Paul would love it!

Pamela said...

I'm totally and utterly jealous!!!
How awesome for your family. I can't wait until our AZ disaster is over so we can do more activities like that!!

I'm so happy for you guys. Great Memories are the best thing to have.

The Holidays, fostering, college, mission, and trips

 The Holidays are approaching fast, and here we are again facing them with 4 extra precious girls. I have been pretty emotional the last two...