Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mothers Day


This was the best Mothers Day I have ever had. I was so overwhelmed by all that Nate did for me. He worked all weekend on his projects to surprise me. He went and picked out flowers and planted all of my garden beds and pot. He did such a good job with the colors of flowers he chose. He also got our whole garden in. It was so amazing that he would work so hard to surprise me.
Sunday we had my Mom, Grandma, and Nates parents over for brunch. It was so fun having them all over. I don't know if anything is more fun than having loved ones gathered around the table eating yummy food. After we ate Mckenna and Aspen showed everyone their dances for their recital. After everyone left we went to see grandpa in the hospital. It was so hard seeing him laying in bed with his broken back. The kids picked him flowers and were so happy to see him.
When we got home, Nate surprise me once again. He had gone shopping at some point I guess for food. He hid it so I never new he had bought it all. He made the BEST dinner. We had barbecue chicken, potatoes, punch, beans, and ice cream. He had the kids write me the cutest card and they all drew pictures. Nate gave me the most beautiful flowers and such a nice card. It was the most fantastic day. I couldn't believe how sweet my kids were to me. They kept hugging me and telling me I was such a good mom. WOW! I couldn't ask for anything more.
It was so nice seeing my Mom and Grandma. I reflected alot on my life. I am so thankful to have had such a sweet mom. She really was always so sweet and loving. She taught me so many important things about life. It is because of her that I have such a passion for music. She instilled in me the want to develop talents. She also taught me how to appreciate all of the little things in life. She was so good at not spoiling us. I know that because we went without alot, that I appreciate little detail about my life. Little things have always been such a big deal to me. Nate taking me to dinner, or going to the movies, or getting a new shirt. Those things are so special because they were not something I always did growing up. Thanks mom for all of the many things you taught me!
I also cant believe the Grandma I was blessed to have. She is so amazing. I was so fortunate to be so close to her! She so amazingly smart and funny. I will always cherish Sundays because it is the day I always got to see her. She always did so much for me. I still light up every time I see her. I cant imagine what I would do without her!
I am so blessed to be able to be a Mother! What a gift. I am so very grateful I was able to have three of my own children. Evey day with them is so precious. I know I am of course bias but they are such amazing kids. I have been so touched lately as I watch them. The friendship they have with each other is overwhelming. They have been outside alot lately. It has been so fun listening to what they are saying to each other and watching them giggle and laugh. I dread the day they are grown and move out. I am so happy and grateful beyond words to be there mother.

No comments:

The Holidays, fostering, college, mission, and trips

 The Holidays are approaching fast, and here we are again facing them with 4 extra precious girls. I have been pretty emotional the last two...