Sunday, May 18, 2008

My new favorite item




I am in love with my new purchase. I wanted a bike forever, and I got one for my birthday. But then I really wanted a bike trailer for the girls. Nate had a great idea...sell my double jogger and get a bike trailer. It was really hard for me to sell it though. It made me sad to realize that my kids are to big for strollers now. But I am OK now because I LOVE my bike trailer. I was so excited about the whole thing.
Nate went out of town today for a week. I was trying to come up with a good idea for something to do. So I assembled my trailer and wanted to go on a long ride. I have always wanted to go on long bike rides with Sage. Well we did it. We rode to visit Grandma and Grandpa Anderson. It was the best thing ever. It was really bonding for Sage and I, and the girls loved it. They giggled the whole way there. They loved the looks on their Grandparents face when they saw us at the door with our bikes. They thought it was pretty cool we rode all the way there. The funny thing is that they live pretty close. But I am in love with the whole riding bikes as a family idea. Now I just need Nate to sell his motorcycle and get a road bike. Ha ha, that won't happen but I don't blame him. We love ridding that bike too.
Rach, Em, me, and Sav on Nates bike at my grandmas house
We miss Nate being gone and so almost every night the kids and I have gone on our little bike ride. It amazing how much fun it is. I love that the little things like that are so fun and meaningful.

2 comments:

Kandice said...

Dreams do come true. You get your bike trailer why can't Rachel go to all day kindergarten?...I have dreams too ya know.

Thanks for our 2 hour phone call last night. Good thing Nate was out playing so that you could support me while my hubby is gone!

Go read about the latest Rachel drama!

Pamela said...

How super fun!!
My jogging stroller is now for sale.

Erin takes Gymnastics at Olympus Gym just off of 90th south. She LOVES it.

The Holidays, fostering, college, mission, and trips

 The Holidays are approaching fast, and here we are again facing them with 4 extra precious girls. I have been pretty emotional the last two...