Sunday, June 15, 2008

Fathers Day

Happy Fathers Day to all the men in my life that are wonderful, fantastic Fathers! This has always been a challenging holiday for me. I was not prepared for the emotions I felt as I sat down to write the cards I had to give out. I always cry every year. I don't know if I have ever seen my own dad on Fathers Day. I have very mixed emotions about this day. Good and not so good. It is hard celebrating a day about dads, it makes me reflect on all the times I couldn't see my dad.
However, it was a great day. We invited Nates mom and dad, grandpa, and Uncle Jeff, Aunt Leslie, and cousins Gillian and Caitlin. We had a wonderful dinner and the kids swam. we visited for hours and really enjoyed the company. I was so touched to be able to spend the day with such amazing men. Nate's dad has always treated my like a daughter. I am so undeserving of the love he always shows me. Nate's Grandpa and I have grown very close over this last year. He is a such a pillar of strenght to me. We were so lucky to live by Uncle Jeff for 5 years. He has always been such a great example to me in my life. He is so gentle, kind, and sweet. We only live a few streets away from him. But we never see his family like we used to. We miss them and it was so wonderful to see them.
I was so happy to try to make the day special for Nate. I am so grateful to him for being the dad he is. I always get a bit choked up seeing him play with the kids. He has made our backyard a haven for them. He tries so hard to make them happy and safe. He is a wonderful dad, and I am so grateful.
I always think about my uncles and grandpa on fathers day. One of the biggest blessing I had in my life was having them. They always supported me and took care of me. I don't know how I would have made it without them.
I am so happy my dad will be moving here soon. I can't wait to make up for all the lost time. We share the same passion of horses. I can not wait to spend time with him and ride horses together.

Our family



Sage and Mckenna swimming. Best thing we ever bought. Last summer McKenna spent five to six hours a day swimming. They loved swimming while the "grown ups" visited. They are such happy kids.





No comments:

The Holidays, fostering, college, mission, and trips

 The Holidays are approaching fast, and here we are again facing them with 4 extra precious girls. I have been pretty emotional the last two...