Saturday, June 28, 2008

Snowbird

Aspen, Rachael, McKenna, Sage
Its time for our annual Snowbird trip. The kids had a sleep over with thier cousins Zach and Sammy. It was so much fun for all of them. We went up to the condo and they swam, played in the indian hunt, went to the game game room, and played in the elevators (yes Im sure everyone loved that). When we got home they swam for 5 more hours in the backyard. I knew my kids liked to swim, but eight hours in one day was a bit surprising.


McKenna, Sammy, Aspen, Sage, Zack


Aspen and Emmy


Me and the kids went up to the condo a few times. It was so fun for them to see there other cousins as well.

My grandma is my hero. She bought the condo 33 years ago. Every year in June she takes up all of her grandkids and gives the moms a break. I went every year starting at age 1. We got to stay for a whole week and play with our cousins. I wish I had her patience. I know this is a huge reason why my whole extended family is so close, because of this tradition. This place holds most of my favorite childhood memories. Im so happy my kids look forward to it and can enjoy this tradition as well. I have no idea how my grandma at over eighty years can cook and take care of all those kids. She is amazing.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

she is amazing and oh how I miss Snowbird. Hunter just asked me what Snowbird is and it makes me a little sad that he doesn't know what it is and also what memories it holds for me. He asked me what there is to do there and memories flooded my mind, like Indian Island, the plaza, tag in the stairs, swimming, game room, and sleeping on the patio. Maybe next year.

The Holidays, fostering, college, mission, and trips

 The Holidays are approaching fast, and here we are again facing them with 4 extra precious girls. I have been pretty emotional the last two...