Saturday, March 22, 2008

McKennas Birthday...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MCKENNA! I cannot believe she is 6 years old. I have been looking through McKennas picture books and it is amazing how quickly she is growing up. McKenna is such an amazing part of our family. She has always been the easy going one in our family. She is so SWEET and easy to please. She is always so grateful for everything and enjoys the little things. I love how hilarious she is, we are always laughing at her jokes. I can't explain the feeling of listening to her giggle. I have so many favorite memories of her flooding through my mind. Here are a few things about her.
-How she loves food and to eat. Shes just like me, thinking about food all the time.
-I have never known another child who loves to sleep more than her. As a baby up to one years old she would wake up at 9 or 10, take a nap at 12 or one and sleep 5 hours and be up for two hours and back to bed by 8 for her 14 hour night sleep.
-Her "dunt dunt" dress she loved at age three
-Her butterfly swimsuit she lived in one whole summer
-Always sucking her two fingers
-Listening to her sing all the Shirley Temple songs
-Appreciating her imagination. She can play for hours with a pair of earring, one is the girl and one is the boy.
-She keeps her self entertained better than anyone in our family.
-She has so much empathy. She cries alot for other people. She is very aware of others feelings. She can be to hard on herself when she hurts someones feelings unintentionally.

McKenna makes everyday a wonderful day. She is always smiling and happy. She is loved so much by everyone she knows. I love watching her with Sage. They have always been so close.

McKenna had a great birthday. Nate and I took her on her own special date. She wanted to eat at Super Salad of all places. Then we went and saw the Spiderwick movie. It was so much fun spending time with her. We had a High School Musical party for her. She loved it. Grandma Allen took Mckenna and I to breakfast. And after the party Grandpa Terry took our family to dinner. She loved the fact that she got to go on three dates plus Disney on Ice for her Birthday.

1 comment:

zeebee said...

Happy birthday Mckenna! I think you are a very sweet and caring girl. You are always so polite and respectful when you come to my house for co-op. We love having you around!

The Holidays, fostering, college, mission, and trips

 The Holidays are approaching fast, and here we are again facing them with 4 extra precious girls. I have been pretty emotional the last two...