Sunday, March 9, 2008

Old peoples day

The kids and I started old peoples day today. It was great. We started the day off by going to church. Right after, we decided to go see grandpa Ted. It was so fun to surprise him and see the look on his face. He was so sweet and so excited to see us. The girls showed him a dance and then went to play house in his shower. Sage wanted to braid my hair so he sat by me the whole time. I was not against the idea ( hes a good back tickler too). It was fun to listen to his advice and his stories. He walked us out to the parking lot and it was sad to leave him. You can tell how much an hour visit means to someone who lives all alone. Then we went to grandma Myrlenes house. We see her alot on Sundays but today was different. We went before the rest of the family gets there and it was so fun. She made me a plate of food and we ate together and talked. The kids played outside and let us visit. It was nice to be able to talk for a few hours and hear all her funny stories. Shes such a great grandma. The kids loved going to the basement at her request to pick a toy to take home.


It was such a great day. It made me think alot of getting old. I hope I am as wise and as loved as they are. I also hope someone will visit me here and there as well. The kids and I talked about how much fun it was along with how important the day was and we are now having old peoples day (as the kids named it) on Sundays. Our goal is to see our grandparents and bring some happiness to them.
It was a good learning weekend for me. I took Sage on a date last night. Just him and I. It was so amazing how much I learn about him when its just us. He has so many wonderful ideas and so much to share. He loves deep conversations like me. It made me realize how important it is to spend alone time with each one of the kids. They need it and I need it. We went and saw the Spiderwick movie. He was so scared through the whole thing. It reminded me how Innocent he still is.
I also have thought alot about how I can improve. I want to be less bossy and try to always be a better example to my family. I need to be more sweet, patient, and appreciative of what I have. I want to develop more talents and become more educated. I think I am going to sign up for a community class of some sort. I hope I can learn to take advantage of all that life offers and live it to the fullest. Today I have that feeling of there is not enough time to accomplish all I want to do and learn.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

I love that idea. So great that you take advantage of being so close to the grandparents. It makes me miss grandma to hear you talk about her fixing you a "plate of food". That is just the way she would say it too.

The Holidays, fostering, college, mission, and trips

 The Holidays are approaching fast, and here we are again facing them with 4 extra precious girls. I have been pretty emotional the last two...