Saturday, March 8, 2008

Round here...

It seems alot has been going on around here. Here are some updates...

Sage passed of his piano books and is now on a new level. Its amazing how much he loves it. He tells me all the time how grateful he is that I let him take lessons. Hes so sweet. I went to parent teacher conferences on Wednesday. His teachers are the best. They told me if they had to pick out on child who had done the best in school this year, it would be him. Mrs Corbett told me she thinks he has an amazing gift with writing. He is very creative. I was so proud of him. He is so sweet and helps me with the girls so much more than I deserve. I'm trying to get him to read and brush his teeth more. Those are our goals for the next week.

McKenna has really made me proud this week. She also had great things said about her at parent teacher conference. Her Iowa testing says she is above the level of most kindergartners. She is doing really well with reading and math for her level. She still really struggles with penmanship but that will come. Her teachers said she is one of the sweetest kids in class, and she is so sweet to all the kids. And she is very teachable and is always staying on task. Her birthday is coming in two week and I am actually really sad about it. She will be six. She is growing up way to fast. She loved being three. She cries to be three again. I don't know what it is but that was a great year for her. I miss it too. She loved her cloths, how I would do her hair, shadow (lab that died), our old house, and her dunt dunt dress (her petticoat that was her uniform), and her butterfly swimsuit. She is so funny. With out fail every night at dinner she has us all laughing.

Aspen is still doing some funny ocd stuff. She stopped clicking her tongue (thank heavens). But everything is still "huh, huh" after every sentence. Her new obsession is my Real Estate magnet on my car. I like it on her door, but she likes it on mine. Its really funny I will move it just to see what she does when we go to the car. She is so funny, she will yell "Uggg MOM" and run and grab it and move it. Aspen is very smart. Much more so that I think three year olds should be. She is so strong and is a wonderful debater. She has a way of getting Sage and Kenna to do whatever she desires. She is my chatter box and I love listening to all the wonderful things her three year old self says. Like "mom dad would be sad if you didn't have eyes huh huh?" and "that would be so sad if you had no hair huh huh?" Oh I love her.

Nate and I have been working on my business and it has shown good results. Its pretty exciting. We are also excited to get a new puppy for the kids and our dog. She is a Yorkie and is 5 weeks old. So obviously we wont get her for a while. Sage wants to name her Rosie. He comes home from school telling me that's all he can think about. They are so excited. She is so cute. The plan is to breed our puppies and have chorkies and sell them. We will see how it goes.

All in all a pretty good week!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

I still want to see the pictures of your new puppy. I can't wait to hold her.

Your kids are so cute. I miss them and their sweetness. We could use some of that around here.

Kandice said...

What the crap, you are getting another dog!? Why don't you just start breading them.

The Holidays, fostering, college, mission, and trips

 The Holidays are approaching fast, and here we are again facing them with 4 extra precious girls. I have been pretty emotional the last two...