Monday, February 25, 2008

The little things...and maybe some ocd




I decided I should write some the cute little things my kids have said lately so I wont forget them. . .

The other day Mckenna asked if our puppy (Chi Yorkie mix) is from Mexico. I said yes just to hear her reaction. She said "oh good then he knows Spanish, ho la puppy ho la. He understands me better when I speak Spanish huh? I am going to watch Dora more so I can learn Spanish." She's so cute. She has been speaking Spanish to him all week. We thought the novelty of our dog would wear off but it defiantly has not.

I told Aspen she used to be in my tummy and she said "what did you do mom, eat me?"
Then it sparked her interest for pregnant people. Everywhere we go she asks anyone even with the smallest belly if they are pregnant. She asked this really over weight man if he had a baby in his tummy! So embarrassing!
Aspen is also on a two month kick of bribbing. Every conversation (and I mean every conversation) we have with her ends with "I will give you a prize from my school", or "I wont give you a prize from my school. If we do something nice for her or she is happy or trying to bribe us she will say "I love you so much mommy and I'm going to give you a prize from my school." When it is bedtime or we take something for her or her brother and sister won't do what she wants she threatens us with "ok then I am not giving you a prize from my school." It all started with the one and only time she came home with candy and she shared it with all of us. Now it is her playing card. Its hilarious. Mckenna and Sage are sick to death of hearing it and roll their eyes at me and we laugh every time.
We are getting a little worried she is seriously ocd. She started clicking her tounge. Along with how she for two years has said huh at the end of everything she says. So you will hear it all day through out the house. If she talks to you you will hear something like this..."Mommy (click) can I have (click) a juice box (click click) I will give you a prize from (click) my school (click) if you give me one. (click) huh mommy huh!" Nate and I look at each other all day and just say wow, someone is a little intense. Thats why we love her to peices, she is a hoot.

2 comments:

zeebee said...

Katie-your blog is my comic relief! that is so true Aspen says huh all the time it is so cute and I didn't know your dog was from Mexico!!! I will have to speak in Spanish to him! good to know.

Laurie said...

isnt it great having an ocd child!

The Holidays, fostering, college, mission, and trips

 The Holidays are approaching fast, and here we are again facing them with 4 extra precious girls. I have been pretty emotional the last two...