Monday, April 14, 2008

Braces

Well Sage got braces today. I can't believe I am in this chapter of my life now, my kids are growing up so fast. Sage was really funny for his picture. He kept doing really funny things. We were laughing so hard. He thought it was sooo cool. He loved being late to school and getting to choose his colored elastics. He called me three times from school. First he wanted me to bring him his tooth brush so he could clean his teeth after lunch. Next he called to see if I would bring him his wax. And last because he realized his teeth were staring to get sore. He told me he "quit candy" while his braces are on. Yeah we will see how long that lasts. But the funniest part of the whole thing was when I picked him up from school. He jumped in the car and showed me his teeth and said "Mom MOM look my space is already so much smaller, I bet it will be fixed by morning and I can get them off". Ha ha little does he know it will be a lot longer than that. Then we got to deal with McKenna and Aspen crying because they want braces. Mckenna cried and told me she hates her straight teeth. Kids are so funny. But I remember those funny feeling. When Laurie and Brady got glasses when I was five, I wanted to lie to the eye doctor and tell her I couldn't see anything because I wanted glasses too. Good times! This picture was taken in the car on the way for Sage to get a hair cut. He kept his mouth open the whole time so he could look in the mirror at his teeth. Sage your darling!!

Today was a pretty crazy day. Sages baseball teem had a pizza party at a restaurant. I was emotionally drained at this time of night. It took two hours to get our pizza. My kids were pretty good but its still hard to be out to eat with kids no matter how good they are. By the end I was just done and ready to go. It seemed really hard to box up the food, go pay the bill, and get the kids out to the car. But all the sudden I looked up and it was the best feeling in the world. I was saved. I saw Nate walking towards us. He remembered where I told him we were eating and when he got home and we were not there he decided to come find us. I was so overcome with the love I have for him. He had been up sense three in the morning and it was now eight at night and I couldn't believe he came to help me take kids home. I stood up and walked to him and gave him the biggest hug ever. I was soooo happy to see him. I was just amazed he would do that. I was just supposed to see him when we got home. I am so lucky to have him. It was a great end to my emotionally tiring day. He was so happy and it really raised my spirits. When we got home I went straight up stairs to change and then came downstairs to find the kids and him. It was so cute, I looked outside and they were all on the tramp wrestling. I love sitting back and watching those special moments. I love Nate and the kids so much!!!

4 comments:

Kandice said...

Isn't it funny how sometimes it takes all the energy you have left to just put the kids in the car....or to BED.

Sage I love your braces!

Kandice said...

What a cute blog! How do you do it? Wow what a talented woman you are!

Laurie said...

I love those moments when hubby thinks or does something that you really need at just that moment. It is good to document it because for me it is easily forgotten. You are blessed to have such a cute, loving family.

zeebee said...

I have to second Kandice's comment~your blog is so cute!!!

I am sorry you had a crazy morning with Joy School mishaps after a crazy night! I saw that you called last night and I meant to call back but I forgot, sorry.

The Holidays, fostering, college, mission, and trips

 The Holidays are approaching fast, and here we are again facing them with 4 extra precious girls. I have been pretty emotional the last two...