Sunday, April 20, 2008

Visiting Grandparents

Its Sunday..our day to visit our grandparents. Today we had exceptional visits. Nate was off work and able to come with us. That made it so much more fun. We went first to Visit Grandpa Ted. He is so sweet and such a wonderful man. His heart is always full of wonderful emotions. He tears up when he talks about anyone in the family. His love is so overflowing. I asked him what is the most important thing he has learned in life. I loved his response, he said "Enjoy the little things, they can grow and become big things. Big things can't grow. So I love and appreciate all the little things in my life, they are the most important." Well said. The kids loved visiting with him. He taught them a wonderful poem about tithing a year ago. He practiced it with them today. It is such a wonderful poem. I cant remember all of the words so I will post it when I find my copy. I am so grateful the kids have such amazing grandparents who are such great examples to them.


Aspen loves all of grandpas "treasures". Her favorite toy is "MickyDonald".



Next we went to see my Grandma. She is so amazing. My cousin Savannah is getting married and Mckenna and Aspen are the flower girls. My Aunt made the girls these darling dresses. My Grandma spent hours sewing on all the little flowers on the bottom. She had the girls try on the dresses and they were in heaven. Aspen keeps asking "when am I getting married?" She is a bit confused, she thinks we are all getting married at Savs wedding.
It was so much fun visiting with my Grandma. I have been to her house almost every Sunday of my whole life. I am so grateful she set up that tradition. I look forward to seeing her every week. The kids LOVE seeing her and she always has a treat or a gift for them. I cant imagine my life without her. She is the reason my whole extended family is so close. We have all gathered together at her house every week. Grandma your the best!!




1 comment:

Laurie said...

Way to go and rub it in. I have really missed going to grandma's. I was talking to a friend yesterday who said she was never close to her cousins and I was proud to say that we are all really close because of Sundays and Grandma's. She really is the best.

The Holidays, fostering, college, mission, and trips

 The Holidays are approaching fast, and here we are again facing them with 4 extra precious girls. I have been pretty emotional the last two...