Sunday, April 6, 2008

Conference

Conference was so amazing this year. We started the morning with our traditional "conference breakfast". We had our famous sticky buns, eggs, hashbrowns, bacon, sausage, juice, and hot chocolate. It was great. The only thing I forgot was the fruit and dip. But the kids loved it. I am so happy they look forward to conference as much as I do. We invited Grandpa Ted and Grandma and Grandpa Anderson over to be with us. I could not have been more proud of the kids. We had puzzles and coloring books out for them. They were quiet the whole first session. I was amazed. The best part was cuddling with them. Each one wanted a turn and came and laid by me. We tickled backs and arms, and Sage wanted to brush my hair. It was awesome feeling that connection with them, while listening to such wonderful talks. I loved the talk about mothers. It made me see things I want to do better and things I'm glad that I do. I want to cherish all the "little moments" in life. We can't ever get some of them back. But hopefully we can always remember them.

I feel so blessed to have the beliefs I do. I have seen so many miracles in my life lately and I am so grateful. I have always loved President Monson. I look forward to see all the amazing things he will do and how I know he will lead us. I remember the day I met him and shaking his hand. He was so sweet and he has a light that bounces off of him. He is incredible. I am so grateful he is our prophet.

Grandpa Ted and I ended his visit with a wonderful conversation. He has so much wisdom and love for his family. It was great to see him. Seeing him every Sunday latley has done a lot for him, me and the kids. We have grown so much closer to him.

It was such a relaxing day. The kids and I went for a long walk with the puppies during sessions. After the second session we popped pop corn and watch Bridge to Teribethia and of course we all cried. Then we went up to my grandmas and saw her and my aunts. I have always loved Sundays because it is our day to visit loved ones. But today was ecspecially neat.

4 comments:

zeebee said...

Katie I love your new blog look! how did you get it?? I need to call and ask you...

The Petrini Post said...

Hey Katie! I found your blog through the Oly site. How fun to see you and your cute family of 5. They are so adorable. I hope you don't mind if I check in on you once in a while and to see how you are doing. Take care and say hello sometime. :)
-Melissa

Laurie said...

I loved Elder Ballard's talk too. It was so reassuring. Your kids are so cute to cuddle with you. Tell Grandma I miss her.

zeebee said...

Thank you SO much for sending Kandice my way! you have to check out my new look, I still have to make a few tweeks but...anyways thanks and nevermind about my message yesterday, I figured it out!

The Holidays, fostering, college, mission, and trips

 The Holidays are approaching fast, and here we are again facing them with 4 extra precious girls. I have been pretty emotional the last two...