Saturday, April 19, 2008

Cleaning day




Today was an awesome day. Its Nates week off, so we are trying to be really productive. We spent the whole day cleaning. Nate worked on the garage and the kids and I worked inside. We usually have them clean their own rooms alone. But seeing how they complain and dilly dally, I got smart. I had them all start in Aspens room and work together. We turned music on and they had a blast. Aspens room was a boom and I couldn't believe what they did. McKenna went crazy. She emptied all of her drawers and folded everything perfectly and organized her cloths in groups (pant pile, skirts, shorts ect..). It was so good for the kids to see that they can have fun while working. They also felt that awesome feeling of being proud of what they did.

We ended the day with a barbaque. Nate made fantastic hamburgers (I take his word for it because I don't eat hamburgers). They looked good, McKenna and Nate ate two. After we ate, Nate and I watched the kids play in the backyard and jump on the tramp. We all went to bed early feeling good we accomplished so much as a team.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

I love days like that. It doesn't happen often that the kids help without complaining. Good for you guys in being productive. Does Nate want to come clean our garage?

zeebee said...

WOW~I want a productive day like that! way to go

The Holidays, fostering, college, mission, and trips

 The Holidays are approaching fast, and here we are again facing them with 4 extra precious girls. I have been pretty emotional the last two...